The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1318 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/08/07
This is adorable, I can just hear the old fellow narrating this story. I love it.
I felt like one of the kids sitting near great grandpa. Listening to every word. I loved it!
Great story. We have our plans, but God always works his own instead.
02/09/07
Delightful. I loved the way that everyone had a bit of voice and just the interactions in the whole family. Warm! Well done.
02/13/07
Delightful story, try writing without so many speech tags. Put a strong lead sentence in and you have a winner.
Congrats on your win! Super Story! God does have a plan for all of us,even if we can't see it.
02/15/07
Congrats on your win! As others have said, I loved the message of this story... that God has a plan for each of us, even when we don't know what it is.
02/16/07
What a WONDERFUL story! Thank you for sharing both your message AND God's. Congratulations!
02/16/07
What a lovely story. Very nicely told, too. Congratulations on placing first - quite an achievement!
02/16/07
Way to go Mo!!!
Excellent job and congrats. God bless.
02/16/07
A big THANK YOU to the judges and to all (current and past) for your encouraging and helpful comments. I'm still a bit in shock that this placed 3rd overall & 1st in Beginners. "Evangeline" practically wrote itself. To see myself placed, however briefly, amongst others whose work I have come to admire is... unbelievable. Thank You.
05/22/07
Note that this story is loosely based on the true tale of the sinking of a real ship many many years ago.