The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 905 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/30/06
Some lovely encouragement here. One suggestion: to "bring it home" to the reader, give specific example--either from your life or the lives of those you know--of finding God's inner strength. That moves this piece from the theoretical to the practical. A precise little devotional, well written.
05/01/06
I agree, I'd have liked this expanded a bit more, with examples and for-instances. Good message
05/02/06
Nice! :-)
05/02/06
Very solid metaphor for the strength of God. I agree - it begs to be expanded upon. Good job - keep it up!
05/02/06
Hey, what a great little analogy! I especially love the window bit - beautiful!

It's easy to see that you are headed in the right direction. You planned out what you wanted to say and you articulated it well. That's an excellent place to work from. I don't have any specific corrections to make so I do apologize if this sounds vague, but I think the next step for you is to work on your "writer's voice". Just keep honing (and entering the Challenge) and you'll do very well around here!

05/04/06
This is a good beginning... you have excellent thoughts built in here! As was mentioned, real life examples will punch it up a bit. A second suggestion, sprinkle in scripture references that reflect your excellent points. You have a future as a devotion writer if you try those two simple things! :-)