The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 809 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I had to answer the phone and my original comments were erased somehow. I hope I can remember what I wrote.
Let me be the first to give you a glowing review! What a beautiful and deeply meditative devotion this is!
You linked all of your paragraphs with the repeating in different words of the awe you had in the enigma that is the tree. Well done!
So very few little picky proofreading suggestions. I would try to combine these two sentences: "As I am looking out my window this morning, there is a maple tree standing in the snow with barren, lifeless branches. They are reaching up towards the sky as if lifting holy hands, or perhaps seeking warmth and sustenance from their creator.", maybe saying instead "As I look out my window this morning, a maple tree stands in the snow, its barren, lifeless branches reaching toward the sky. Is the maple lifting holy hands, or perhaps seeking warmth and sustenance from its Creator?" There are a few other ways you coulc change this while tightening your word usage.
In the last paragraph I wouldn't put His or God in all caps. Let your words, as they already do, bring emphasis to this main idea. I would also capitalize Savior.
I was truly blessed by this article. Thank you so much for sharing it!