The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 593 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/18/14
What a great testimony! Enjoyed reading it. You did a good job of expressing your husband's emotions whether it was being weary from travel or reuniting with long-lost relatives.
04/19/14
Thank you for sharing this tender emotional and powerful testimony with us. I loved it.

God bless~
04/21/14
In the phrase 'I was blown away, however,' (1st paragraph) perhaps the comma would serve better only after the word 'however', but not after the word 'away'. In paragraph 2, where it says: 'but on one particular trip to Scandinavia our confidence in Providence deepened' I would add a comma after the word Scandinavia. In the third paragraph where it says, 'there somewhere toward the front of the booklet,' I would remove the word 'there' (not needed). In the phrase, 'Since then, year after year, stones have been unturned and branches of the family tree, lost over the years, have slowly emerged.' I would leave the last two commas out of that sentence. Too many comma's make for choppy reading. I had a woman tell me once my writing had way too many comma's in it, and since then I have tried to watch that habit and eliminate them where unneeded. In the fourth paragraph, a semi-colon might be more appropriate then use of a colon. In the phrase at the end, 'placed them together on a homage, of sorts' I would leave out the comma. In the phrase, 'I have never believed, so much, in fate.' I would leave out the commas.
Thanks for allowing me to read and critique your interesting article.
04/22/14
Such a wonderful reunion, and great use of the topic. Keep writing.
A very good article that was a pleasure to read.

God Bless!
A well written life story.

It was easy to follow and a quick read.

Enjoyable.