The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 521 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/27/14
Awww, the wisdom of grandparents is priceless. The love and serenity that the MC exhibited is something in which all Christians and individuals overall should strive for. Ultimately, the foolishness of the world doesn't matter any longer, when we're clothed in His word, it makes us stand tall spiritually. (Or as in the MC's case, both physically and spiritually! )

Nicely done and said.

God bless~
I enjoyed this story very much. It made me wish I would have known my own Granddad. Thanks for writing and God Bless!
03/02/14
Well written dialogue, and colorful characterizations stand out in this piece. Only one spelling error, the word beat should be 'beet' as in red as a beet.
03/03/14
I love the warm, down home appeal of this piece. Granddad certainly had ahold of the right stick: God's love.

Grandma's comparison of the willow tree was good. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Keep the good stories coming!
03/05/14
I love this story! It is so warm and heartfelt, and it has such a sweet country appeal.

I just want to mention a little note about your first sentence. Semicolons are mostly used to separate two sentences, so your first sentence would be: "Granddad was a simple man; he was a truly humble man." Or you could just use a comma instead of the semicolon.

The truth in your last paragraph is simple and profound (just like Granddad). I feel motivated to life a life like that. I look forward to reading more of your writing!



A very likable and well written story to illustrate a point well worth being reminded of.

You did a good job at it.
03/06/14
Congratulations Robin!

I loved your story, so glad it won!

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 25 overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.
03/07/14
Robin,

I fell in love with the MCs in this story. The story had a very homey and down to earth appeal to it.

I'm so glad it won 1st place and 25th place overall. You've been blessed with the ability to spin a good yarn.