The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 653 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/23/14
This is a winner in my book! I hope you can get this story published in an anthology soon. Publishers are looking for stories like this. They just came out with a book titled It's A God Thing, filled with these type of stories. I hope you get private messages from FaithWriters so you can find out about publishing opportunities out there you can submit your work to.
01/24/14
Great testimony story! Lots of publishers are looking for this type of story. You definitely have talent. Though it held my attention all the way through, it started to get just a little dry (for me) until the radio communication and you went into dialogue. Zoom! It perked the story up well. Perhaps you could have used more dialogue at the beginning.

I think you gave the ending away by your opening, talking about miracles and God providing. You might try just opening with the action and a good hook. You can fill in neccessary details later.

I hope that helps a little. Keep on writing and I'll see ya next time. Blessings!
01/24/14
Amen! God is good...all the time God is good!

Your testimony had my attention and I sat riveted from the first word to the very last. Your natural gift of writing is pristine in this story, that brings God into focus while giving Him all the glory! Yes!

I loved this, and I think you have a real winner here in all aspects. It was moving and touching.

THank you for sharing this with us.

God bless~
Wow that was a great story!

I got goosebumps as I read it.

Understanding exactly where you're coming from I too have seen God come through in my life many a time when the need was there!

Praise His Mighty Name!

Good luck with getting it published.
01/27/14
I so enjoyed this story. I can imagine your MC on pins and needles until the rent money came in. Nice job.
Great article. God is good. So many times in our lives things such as that has happened, and their is no denying it was God. I loved reading from beginning to end, well done
Congratulations on ranking 7th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)