The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 525 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/17/13
God is so good! Your husband was right to pray and then trust God to watch over him. So glad it all turned out OK.

I would suggest rewording the last line of the fist paragraph. Maybe - This was such a loyal habit and favored trait, resented by his younger brothers and sisters, because we expected them to do the same. It just seemed a little confusing to me.

Great story, blessings. LaVonne
05/21/13
This was well written and interesting. I loved the fact that you both knew where to turn when you were tempted to panic. I am so thankful that God is always there and hears our prayers, especially for our children.
05/21/13
Amen & Amen! I loved this story and the way it demonstrates God's love and endurance for His children. He hears us, one and all.

Gret job. God bless~
You do a nice job of building the suspense. As a mother I really get that feeling of worry. We went on vacation with my 22 yo son last week and when he went out on the resort for a late swim or a walk, I still couldn't rest until I knew he was safe back in the room. This is a good reminder to me that our kids are not gifts from God. No He only loans them to us for a short while and then we need to give them back to his care. It's not easy but I know I've done everything I can for my kids and now it is their turn to go out into the world with the knowledge that God has a special plan for them.
Congratulations on placing 6th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)