The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 946 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/12/13
This brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. I can relate to the man whose family made light of his God given gift. You are a talented writer, and should be moving up soon. I so enjoyed this piece!
04/16/13
What an amazing gift you have, as evidenced by this brilliant, moving and hauntingly beautiful story.

I loved this! This will probably do well with the judges. Excellent job.

God bless~
04/16/13
What a beautiful and touching story. You "painted" this artist's story very well! Good job.
I think this is outstanding. You really touched my heart. I have health issues and know how discouraging it can be to have my body let me down. You captured that brilliantly.

The only red ink was the first paragraph was in the past tense. I know later he was remembering earlier times so it should have been past tense, but then at the end you switched to present, which I think was an outstanding decision, but it felt like the first paragraph should have been in the present, too, then the ending brought your story full-circle.

I really felt you touched my heart in this divine piece. You covered the topic wonderfully. This is a fantastic work of art.
Congratulations on ranking 26 overall! (The highest rankings can be found in the message boards)
04/20/13
I just loved this piece. You created a masterpiece! Well done and congratulations on your win-I look forward to reading more from you.
Exquisite - artfully done! Congratulations on your win!