The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 642 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/08/13
God and His wisdom move mightily in our lives if we allow Him and pay heed to His will. This story demonstrated just that, excellent job. It had an authentic feel to it, and if so...congratulations on finding a solution through the Lord and building your relationship.

God bless~
02/08/13
Very well thought out devotional. Great illustration. Real forgiveness is the act of tearing up the diary; instead of, the constant reminders of the other person's wrong.
I really enjoyed the wisdom in this piece. You did a nice job of sharing the relationship with your husband and a bit of your stubborn hurt heart. I think we can all relate to a time when we don't want to listen to God. How fortunate that he never gives up on us.

I noticed some tiny typos like Gods instead of God's that a good proofreader might spot for you.

I'm not sure if you actually nailed the topic, but I also believe God laid this message on your heart for an incredibly important reason, and being obedient to Him is far more important than writing on topic. I have no doubt that many people will see themselves in this. God will use that to work wonders. I almost chuckled when I read the part about keeping a journal to track the husband's mistakes. Oh that is so true for probably way more wives who are willing to admit to it. I moved it! What a great message. :-)