The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 555 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a short but right to the point piece. I think you did an outstanding job of getting your point across without it feeling preachy or like a lecture.

The word strutting is a perfect word that really shows the attitude of the character. I'd love to see some more showing in this piece. For example the next part has the word is in it which is a passive verb. You could make it an active sentence with a descriptive verb like adorned, don, or clad.

I think the scriptures you used were a great representation to back up your message. You didn't put too many in, and I think they will intrigue readers to read the verses and really meditate on them. I also think you did a nice job in representing the topic. :)
11/10/12
Nice entry, thanks for sharing...God bless and keep honing your writing skills...
11/14/12
I enjoyed reading how the woman's wardrobe changed when she came to faith in Christ. Often our clothes DO tell others something about us! We want to be a modest, positive, beautiful witness by our words, our actions, and our appearance. I really liked your final description of this woman. Good job!
11/15/12
CONGRATULATIONS, Cheryl, on your 2nd place level win! WAY TO WRITE!! :D