The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 650 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/12
What a wonderful, compelling story of what children go through (and often into their adulthood) when they are considered "fat" or "different." This was a story that needed to be told and you did so in a very sensitive and truthful way. My hat is off to you as you approach life and your eating habits with thoughts of what God would have you do and be. Nicely written!
08/10/12
This was so well told. I thought it was a moving testimony of life that faces many "children." It can be so difficult, especially in a society that wants perfection.

Thanks for sharing, wonderful job with this piece.

God bless~
Well done. You provided helpful advice for parents who may have children in similar circumstances and made us more sensitive to their plight.
I enjoyed this story. I did cringe for the MC at the mention of the blue jumpsuit. Kids can be vicious but they don't start out that way. As adults it's so important to be a mirror of good examples for our kids. Though not everyone may see that message in your story, I know the Holy Spirit will work in each reader's heart and deliver a message to them. It's not easy to write a good story with more than one message but you accomplished that. Good Job.
Congratulations for ranking 6th in your level!