The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 588 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/13/12
Beautiful thoughts expressed about a difficult subject. Nicely done. You might want to try and have more white space. It makes it easier to read.
07/13/12
A testimony of faith personified. This was a tender read that touched my heart. I felt the parent's heartfelt anxiety and concern. I also loved the ending that no matter what, that ultimately God is in control.

God bless you~
This is a touching and heart wrenching tale. You surprised me with the open ending as I was sure little Sam knew she would die very soon and wanted to give her mom a special memory. I like your ending more as it leaves room for help.

In the beginning you did an excellent job of showing; not telling. However in the middle you went into a more telling mode. I know part of it was the word limit. You may also want to break that large paragraph into smaller ones.

This was a great read. you captured my attention immediately as I pictured a mom with dark circles under her eyes. I liked how you showed the conflict right away and it helped draw me into the story and feel like I was right there watching Mom worry and fuss. It was right on topic too. Altogether a delightful story.