The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 950 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/12
How right you are about the value of sharing with others. It reminds me of that passage in Isaiah 58, that if we share our bread with the hungry, then our light will quickly break forth.
05/10/12
Thank you so very much for sharing this. This was told with so much passion and in sight, I suspect this is a true story.

Jesus does indeed come to seek and save the lost, and we are the vessels He uses to reach them.

There's nothing more powerful than our own personal testimony. We can say to them..."Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!" Giving us an opportunity to share what Jesus has done for us, and helps them believe He'll do the same thing for them.

Great title and great writing! Keep up the good work!
05/12/12
Beautiful testimony. This was a well written entry, which I believe is a true account.

Jesus Christ, is our reason for eveything, and the only reason for our eternity.

Nicely done...and those women would benefit from hearing about your testimony. Perhaps in a secure "meeting place" for addicts. You would be a beam of hope for those in need.


“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16 (NKJV). One of my "many" of my favorite scriptures.

Great job...God Bless you.
Thanks for sharing.

Camille~
This is a great lesson. We may not always want to do what God is calling us to do. However, with his support it's amazing how the blessing can turn around and we are the ones being blessed.
05/13/12
As a former prescription drug addict I applaud you. I too, work with women who are addicts, the ones who will listen are the ones who have had enough, and most will not turn away when you talk to them of the hope and forgiveness of Jesus. God Bless you for wanting and caring enough to help.
What a read that is! I've known someone nearly my entire life who lives addicted and it's a horrible life for them. It takes a very special individual for God to work through to reach them. I feel this is very well written as it made me feel emotions not only for the MC but for the women she was speaking about.
I read entries completely right brained, and this entry brought tears to my eyes. It's good to see I am not alone in this world trying to do the right thing - which is just so much harder than going with the flow of this culture of egos. This is my favorite entry btw. :)

Congrats!!!

-Vicki
05/17/12
Congratulations. God bless~