The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1350 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I see a spelling contridiction between your title and the word billie in the text.
04/14/12
This was fun. I think you need to be more careful with punctuation and spelling, but I enjoyed your poem, and think the right choice was made at the end. lol
04/14/12
This was so interesting and fun to read. I love hearing words indigenous to other regions and countries. I learned quite a bit from the terminology. Thanks!

Good job and nice flow to this. On topic and creative.

God bless~
Oh I loved this. It was a whimsical delight. You had each line perfect with rhyme and rhythm. I smiled thoughout. The ending took me by surprise too. What a wonderful way to come full circle.

The only thing I noticed is I thought hurray was a typo for hurry.

I also appreciate the footnote at the end. I was going to google billy. :) I love it when I learn to words and can picture lands I've never visited.
04/16/12
Nice job with this. My only complaint is that, despite some of the creatures you mentioned, you did absolutely nothing to quell my desire to visit Australia. ;)
04/16/12
Oh...I loved this! I smiled all the way through it! Great job!
Crikey. That was a fairdinkum article.
04/16/12
As a fellow Aussie I empathise with the bush and its joys and 'surprises'! It rings true.
04/16/12
This is super fun! You've put the excitement of going on an adventure into the rhythm of your lines. I love this!
Thank you for taking me on an Australian holiday--my first!
04/19/12
This is absolutely delightful and hilarious. I enjoyed every bit from start to finish. I love the part about "slap mosquitoes all night long."

Your explanations at the end were a marvelous enhancement to the story. Thanks so much for adding them in.
Actually, for your very first entry, I think it's quite good even though you were in a hurry to shoot hurray! You have made a lot of progress in one sense, but in another you were pretty darn good and have very few cringe worthy moments. Now my first story...my face burns just thinking. I also can't believe you have only been here a year, I feel like I have known you forever--and in a good way. :-)