The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 847 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/26/11
You make a great case for your dad's "side" of things. Perhaps time and maturity- and maturity in the Lord has helped. BUT - thankfully - the Lord looks on the heart for I'm afraid none of us would "make the cut" on outward appearances alone! Thanks for sharing.
05/27/11
This entry is this week's randomly chosen winner of our weekly bonus prize--a free ratings feedback report. The author will be contacted today via the Private Messenger service with more information.

Congratulations. :-)

Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
I love it when kids realize they are turning into their parents. It's amazing how maturity can help us see things in a new light!
05/29/11
I have to side with you and your dad on this one. I can't stand the drooping pants either. Some kids wear them so low, that they don't cover anything.

I am glad that fads will some day pass away; I just hope the next fad won't get any worse. However, its nice to know that most people that mature, don't practice them anyway.
05/30/11
Great story! Congrats on winning the Challenge Bonus Prize. You will find it extremely helpful! I did! God bless!
06/02/11
woo! you have the bonus feedback prize so do you really need my comments as well? Outlandish clothes and teenagers are of course a great subject for this theme. I like the way you explore this. I felt the first sentence about your fingers seemed a bit random and unecessary actually. otherwise great humor and well written. title could have been a bit snappier to draw the readers attention to the funny side of the piece and help it stand out from the pack.
Congratulations for placing 7th in level one!
06/04/11
Verna,

I really liked this story. I thought you would place in the top five. Winning the prize will be invaluable to you.