The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 901 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is well-written and so full of grief and pain that it was tangible. Where I grew up there was a cemetery across the road, the back half filled with tombstones of babies and toddlers. Your story took me back asking Mom why the graves had so many young.That was the first time I remember feeling lucky for being born where and when I was Haunting writing and vivid showing of details.
So so SAD!
So so real.
Enjoyed reading this.
04/14/11
Very compelling reading, in its depth of feeling and in its word-pictures. There is great potential in your work.
04/20/11
You were able to draw the reader into the scene, hearing every dig of the shovel and feeling every sob of sorrow. This is good!
yea! Congratulations my talented friend I'm dieing A happy dance right now!
04/21/11
A haunting tale that rings truth from the past. You have captured the emotion of this. So well done!
Very poignant and realistic. Congrats on your win!
04/22/11
My goodness. This story took my breath away. I felt like I was right there standing in the dirt watching the scene unfold. This needs to be expanded into a larger piece. Congrats on your win.
Kara, so beautifully crafted to take the reader to that very place in time. A nameless woman burying her family, gripping, enveloping the reader in her pain. Congratulations on your well-deserved win.
WOW! Superb! Outstanding and Amazing! Any feeble attempt to describe what you accomplished in this masterpiece would do it injustice. If I didn't know better I would have bet this was written by a person who lived this apalling tribulation. WELL DONE!