The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 726 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/05/11
What a gripping story. I rejoice with you and thank God for the ending. Our prayers will continue to be with your son as he serves our country and with you as you carry on and "keep the home fires burning." Thank you for sharing your story. Well told.
02/06/11
great story and works well in the present tense as you have done making it so immediate. The rollercoaster of emotion must have been experienced by many where children have gone missing for all sorts of reasons.I am glad you put in the happy ending and did not leave us in suspense.
I wonder if the man would have really just been left alone like that after receiving the bad news?
02/06/11
Thank you for sharing this story! It is very well written and kept my attention to the end. It is also a reminder to all that no matter what pain we feel, what loss we suffer; the Lord knows exactly where we are and what we need.
02/08/11
What a moving story! I thought for sure after God spoke to him, he'd find his son had died. Nice little surprise ending you snuck in there. Keep up the good work.
02/09/11
Your story left me with tears in my eyes. God really does offer us a peace that does surpass our human understanding.

I am thankful that your son ended up alive. We have so much to thank your son and the other soldiers for--freedom and liberty.
Congratulations for placing 10th in level one!