The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1177 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/02/10
What a great article! Hopefully it will speak to a lot of people. As the Grandma of a disabled person, I appreciate so much what you wrote. Disabled people have a very tough time in life without help in their attitudes.
12/03/10
what a great article! The topic is bang on for the theme and i loved the way you crafted the story and wove the opening and closing of the curtains through the piece.

thanks you for the insights and the positive tome of the article
12/03/10
I loved your story. You did an excellent job with this topic. Your character was endearing. But I have to say I found your punctuation confusing. Perhaps you could work on this.
12/04/10
This is a terrific piece. I love the attentiveness of your MC and his determination to practice what he heard the professor say.

It seems, though, that you shifted POVs near the end. Without warning, this can confuse your reader. I believe with some polish and tightening, your writing will shine. :) Great job. So glad you entered this week.
12/05/10
I loved your title and the expressed meaning which is SO true. You did a great job of telling the story. I'm not sure about "mused his way." I think " Carter mused all the way to...represents the correction usage of the word.
Overall, great entry!
This is a sweet story and I love the title.
12/06/10
What a beautiful story! I love the ending. It says a lot for body language.