The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1216 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Okay...you totally got me with this! Not only am I a critter lover, I had a Cocker Spaniel. This was such an enjoyably fun read with humor abounding. I was wondering about the cow pastures because, man...that manure is an odor I can live without, but my Cocker, loved it! :) Lastly...you have a great talent for descriptions...keep up the good work!
08/27/10
When you told about the pastures, I was sure you were writing about a dog. Nothing but a dog could possibly get that much joy out of deep breathing by a pasture! Good job.
You really managed to get inside of the dog's head and you took me there too.
08/30/10
I wasn't sure you were talking about a dog until I came to the drive-through part. I thought it was a bit funny that a human would like the smell of cow pastures! ;)

This was cute and would have gone well with the "smell" topic too.
This is so cute! I figured out it was a dog when you wrote about the meat part.

You might check the spelling on "pastoral". I may be wrong, but I think you meant to use the word, "pastural"?

This was a fun read. Thanks!
Cocker's and ears flopping in the wind -- I had one. Thanks for stirring awake some good memories.
Delightful story. I enjoyed the ride very much with your four-legged friend.
08/31/10
Wonderful descriptive phrases. I felt I was along for the ride of my life!
Wonderful perspective from a dog's view!
09/02/10
Yay Barbara! Congrats on your Highly Commended piece!
09/02/10
An interesting read!
09/02/10
Congratulations, Barb. What a fun tale (or is it "tail"?) Anyway, great job.