The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1434 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Tissue alert! What a heart-warming well written story. Your have a special way with words, dear writer, so keep it up. (And what are you doing in the beginners circle?) This is a keeper for sure. Blessings! :)
08/13/10
Wonderful story. The touch of God through the hands of a child. Absolutely lovely.
Blessings, Ruth
08/14/10
This is a great story! You grabbed my attention every step of the way and I loved the ending. Blessings.
This story has the perfect balance of suspense, love, and just a touch of humor. I found myself holding my breath, then I chuckled picturing the big rugged man holding a toddler.
Jodybooks, you won't be in beginners long with writing like this.
Your opening paragraph set the mood and tone with great description.
You carried the story well right through to the end. Really good writing.
08/17/10
Very strong entry. There were a few cases of telling instead of showing, but your MC shone and the story was precious.
08/17/10
This is my favorite so far. Extremely well written. Loved every bit of it. I've been away from FWs for a spell, but I'm gonna be keepin' an eye out on your entries. Superb! God bless.
08/18/10
You put a lot of story in a few words. Fascinating read!
I LOVED this! So very heart warming and just a total "feel good" story. Unique I might add too!...Goooood Job!!
08/19/10
As a proud resident of a "red neck" state, your descriptions and the tale are very believeable. I love how the child chipped away at the granite of a hardened heart. Congratulations on your 2nd place win.
Congratulations Jody! This was SO GOOD, the title didn't even matter :)
What a lovely story! Congratulations!!!