The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 823 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/04/10
This is lovely - the imagery and descriptions are so vivid, and your truths about writing are wonderful ones to remember. Thanks.
You have some lovely description and images. Your emotions feel real and believable. If this is your testimony, I am so sorry for all your losses. God redeems and gives beauty for ashes. This is what is in this story... beauty.
Your descriptions are incredible. You've definitely taken the advice of the poet in your story and developed the power of language. It was just spectacular.
What a remarkable piece of writing. Filled with such heartfelt emotions. This was so heart warming. Thank you and God bless.
06/08/10
Excellent writing--I'd expect to see this in a higher level.

Take a look at the first sentence of the second paragraph. It's the only 'clunky' sentence in your piece.

This has a serenity to it, and I enjoyed reading it very much.
06/10/10
Beautiful! I can relate to this very well - waiting on God, trusting Him for the reward ahead even when it seems hopeless, and also refusing to give up writing when rejection threatens to tear down hopes and dreams.

I liked the way you showed us what was going on around the character and how it related to her thoughts. Very well-written!

Congratulations on your Second Place win!!!