The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1167 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/07/10
your story certainly demonstrates the love between writer and manuscript. good job!
05/07/10
I really like the depiction of friendship here.

Be careful of using cliches like 'the light at the end of the tunnel'. You want to end with something memorable and entirely yours, to leave a lasting impression on your reader.

Oh, I hope Shelly gets online backup for her next MS!
05/07/10
I liked this piece. It made me think: if my house burned to the ground, assuming my family was safe--I would be most sad to lose all my writing!

Hmmm...maybe it's time to consider additional safety measures.
I really liked your MC's friend, could I borrow her? She was supportive, a good listener, and wise. Good choice of characters. I think I, also, need to get out my flash drive and do some backups. Thanks for the reminder :-)
No truer words have ever been spoken. All my writings gone up in smoke would hurt. Thank you for a heads up as far as fixing the problem. You did an outstanding job and I enjoyed this very much. Keep writing and God bless.
05/12/10
I love the warmth of friendship in this story. A writer puts a piece of their soul into their writing, it would be devastating to lose a manuscript. I enjoyed the positive spin on the ending.
Well written!