The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 762 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/28/09
What a great lesson, engagingly shared. This one definitely hit a chord with me.
06/01/09
Very interesting, thought-provoking, well-written piece with a "devotional" quality to it.

I could really relate to your setting! I often tiptoe through our bedroom to the bathroom in the dark so I won't waken my husband, who goes to bed earlier than I do. I close the bathroom door before I turn on the light to brush my teeth! :)

I really liked this paragraph:

"Suddenly, involuntarily, I did what nature didn’t recommend. I closed my eyes. This seemed calming. Convincing. Reassuring. Now what I saw was a blackness I expected. Dark that shouldn’t be penetrated. My eyes were satisfied to be incompetent. And, gingerly at first, and then with confidence, my fingers traced the familiar wall. The outline of the mirror a guiding presence. There it was. My search was rewarded by the raised switch. "

Nice job! :)

06/02/09
Love the idea of closing your eyes in the dark!

Be careful with your tenses--you switched from past to present and back again a few times.

This is a very pleasant and meaningful devotional.
06/03/09
good one!
06/06/09
Wendy, congratulations on your 3rd place win in Level 1 this week. Time to move up to Level 2. :-) Well done!

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement.
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)