The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1582 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
what a sad story... I feel her pain.
08/08/05
Wow! That's a situation I don't understand but thank God that He does!
Dramatically and realistically told! Many women, all too sadly, can relate to this story.
08/11/05
I liked the contrast between God's love which was enduring and uplifting, and the man's "love" for his wife which was so destructive. Well written.
08/11/05
Powerful, realistic, and meaningful. Good writing on a tough subject.
08/11/05
Beautifully written.
This took my breath! Good writing!
08/11/05
I like the way your story begins and ends in the same place. (Watch use of it's / its). Well-written.
You've captured the mood well and written a well-constructed piece on such a difficult subject. The short length of the entry made it even more poignant. A longer piece would have been too depressing. And you tied it in nicely with God's perfect love. Keep writing. Thank you.
08/12/05
Powerful and heartbreaking.
08/12/05
Intense and well written. Nicely done.
Blessings, Lynda
08/12/05
How very sad, yet how beautifully written. It really sums up the idea of 'retreat'.
08/13/05
Yes, it eflected the theme exceptionally well, but I'd have much rathered her running away to a more permanent place of comfort and safety.
Painful and too, too real. I liked your intro there in the woods, the retreat spot, and then the flash-back to the horrible scene. Very effective.
08/15/05
Short, poignant and sad.