The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 932 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/25/05
Very provoking story. Good job of getting the reader into the scene with smells and sights. We all know what dumps look like, putting people in front of them and on them was very haunting then to bring in God's love, the "gleaning of the fields" makes me aware that I do not take care enough to leave behind good things to be picked up by others, to care enough to not make them wade through filth to get to it. Loved this story.
God Bless and Keep Writing.
07/26/05
Hey, I was waiting for my chile verde to heat up and saw your title. Couldn't resist reading! A touching reminder of God's grace and mercy. I really enjoyed your story and hope to read more from you. Blessings!
07/26/05
Amen Michelle, I agree. We often don't realize the dump we live in until we walk that mile in another's shoes or with another. I like the Mexican food, I smelled the great odor of the title, and had to check it out. Very nice. God bless ya, littlelight
07/28/05
Definitely makes you put things in perspective. Thanks.
Wow, this certainly prompts a "reality check." Amazing what is so easily taken for granted!
"God's love is thick around us all". For some reason that phrase especially stuck in my mind this morning. Thank you for an article well worth meditating upon.
08/03/05
Gretchen, you had me singing that song too as I read this story. It hit the heart. I also wanted to let you know that it actually made it into the semi-finals for the Car Trip Challenge - so be encouraged. You did well. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)