The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 859 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/09
A very moving piece. Your good word choice captured the emotions strongly.
I was left a little confused about where you were writing from, and about your response to the voice of God. The images on the screen suggest you were viewing from a distant country, but your petition to send more labourers made me wonder if you were writing from the perspective of someone ministering within Africa? Or if you were offering yourself to God to go there? Maybe it was deliberately left ambiguous so that the reader can make his/her own response?
Well written, and a nice Scripture verse to tie it together at the end. It is truly only Christ's compassion that brings hope.
03/12/09
What I see and understand is this: you are a minister of the Gospel asking for help. Where you are? I don't know. It could be Africa, or Detroit, MI, USA.
This is an incredibly lovely and heartfelt poem though.
03/12/09
Hi - Totally understand where you are coming from - I too was overwhelmed with the pictures of pain in Africa - One thing thought I noticed God is on the move there. Well written Good luck - Lynn
Brilliant heartfelt poem, the scripture at the end wraps it up nicely.
03/13/09
Your vision really tugs at my heart-strings.
This piece is well written; interwoven with despair, and hope.
A wake up call..is anyone listening?
03/13/09
A compassionate verse filled with Christ-like sensitivity. Well-chosen words with enough rhyme to give it song yet not slave to it.

Many feed the hungry ministries might be able to use this heartfelt poetry.
I can feel the compassion expressed in the writing as well as the commitment to intecessory prayer on behalf of those in need. I do think the article could be developed a little further in the transition from the heartache, thoughts, and intentions of the MC to the MC's petition of the Lord to send forth laborers. Although, as mentioned above, I can definitely feel the compassion for those in need and the sincerity of heartfelt prayer for them. Good job!
03/19/09
Beautifully written! And true.