The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 980 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/05/08
I loved your first person POV from the house's perspective. Also, I've always envied those who live in houses that belonged to the family for generations.
Well done.**THIS SPARKLES**
What a creative POV. Creativly wonderful, I enjoyed the tone of this entry.
06/09/08
You did a lovely job with the POV on this - there are a few this week that tell from the house's point of view, but not all of them nailed it. I believe you did. Lovely.
You gave the home "heart." I loved it. Excellent writing.
06/10/08
I love your unique point of view in this story and the thought that a home actually enjoys things like "the smell of bacon", etc. Then the idea of the "operation" on the house was fun to read. --Thanks for rehinting -- I actually left a comment on an entry with a similar title thinking it was yours. :)
I, too, like the pov. I also like how generations of one family inhabited the house. The surgery comments made me smile. You really made this house seem like a family member. (ps There is one little tense shift in the first paragraph.)
Lovely POV and told with such warmth. Jesus definetly dwelt in that home. Well done
06/10/08
Wonderful work, the POV is inspired!
Great job all around, there is one point whare you move from and "I" to a "we" which I thought was a great transition, I think sticking with that would have added even more to the "family" tone (wherein the home becomes a part of the family).
The descriptions were great, definitely one of my favorite reads this week!
06/11/08
I didn't get in on any hinting...just saw this and gave it a read. I really enjoyed it. I've always been frustrated by the fact that the house lives so much longer than we do, but, sometimes, I think it's good that the former owners aren't around because the changes would be too much for them to take! God knows what He's doing. Nice, creative take on a generational home with a neat tie in to always improving!
I agree that the POV used here is what really makes this piece shine. I especially liked your closing paragraph. Your writing is getting better all of the time. :)
06/11/08
Your story brings to life the old line "if walls could talk"! I really enjoyed reading this and learning about the families from one generation to the next. A lot of living goes on inside an old home.
Oh, I love this! It's so rich with descriptions and everything. You made it come alive with little details and touches like, Pauline's apple pie, etc. well done! ^_^
06/11/08
Great voice in which the story was told. The renovation angle was great. Loved the house and the family that lived there. They were real people. Well done.
What a creative and well-written take on the subject this week. Great job and shows a lot of warmth, not to mention a talent for telling a good tale. Loren
06/12/08
Very creative and heart-warming.