The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 960 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/14/05
I surely sense your need to "purge" on the page. Because of Jesus' love and strength you gained yours and forgiveness is now easier to give. So glad your heart is lighter and beats with the love of the Lord. :) Thanks for sharing your feelings with us.
People seem to so want to keep everything covered up and display only the things that seem very pleasant, but I believe the pain, the anger, the fear and terror we experience and come through is in some way a sort of identification with the sin Christ bore on the cross for us. And because of these experiences we can appreciate Jesus sacrifice on the cross more deeply. Courageous writing. God our Father bless abundantly with that life abundant Jesus came that we might have.
06/14/05
i think lots of girls have walked through this situation. good thought.
It' amazing how forgiveness can release us from the bonds that hold us to anger, fear and resentment-replaced by that joy only Christ can give.
Good job of describing your disappointment in your father, (which reveals your high expectations of him, also) your anger, and resulting consequences of it all. PTL that your aunt came and told you about your father, from her loving perspective of him. Lots of universal truth in your story. You resolved your story very well. Good effort.
06/19/05
A touching story -thank you for sharing it.