The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1657 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Poignantly written. I could feel your heart as I read your words. Fathers and daughters can sometimes have complicated relationships. Nice job.
04/18/08
This is a tender and loving story. I'm glad you were able to gain some peace about your feelings when your dad died suddenly. I'm sure he would be proud that your wrote this about him.
Great title, sounds like he was the king of more than flowers. Thanks for sharing your tender memories.
04/20/08
Good portrayal of a complex relationship, and a great title.

I'd recommend that you open with the paragraph about his imagination--that's where the hook is. And perhaps a few more commas throughout?

04/21/08
Very touching. I enjoyed it. A little work and your writing will go a long way. Thank you for sharing this.
04/23/08
Hi Norma, who can forget "Chunky Charlie." Your dad was very precious, knowing the value of a stable family and he sounds like a love.Life is full of learning curves and as I reflect on your own lovely family I believe that you learned your lessions well. Thanks for sharing with us. Love Ken.
A moving personal narrative.
You made it obvious to the reader that there was much love here among all the family. :) Personal, emotional piece - yet well-controlled. Really good writing.