The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 818 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this. It felt like part devotional, part personal story. I only have one surviving grandparent left, but I know that God has used all of my grandparents to help me in one way or another during my lifetime.

Thank you for sharing this! :)
04/12/08
It's important to have this kind of adult who can share so much unconditional love with a child. You shared some very nice memories of your grandfather and it's nice to know he's still an important part of your life.
I read your story, and I agree that "there is on greater love than God's, and a grandparent's love can come pretty close." I can remember the good times I had with my grandparents. I seen my paternal grandparents about twice a year, and my maternal grandparents once a year.
04/14/08
Lots of truth here.

My suggestion would be to find a stronger "hook"--something compelling to make your reader want to keep reading. Also, think of some concrete examples to illustrate your points: something funny or moving that your reader can relate to.

Your writing is very good--just needs to be kicked up a notch.
04/15/08
Nice memories and this piece has a lot of love. Keep writing!
Some really nice thoughts here. Well done.