The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1425 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/08
Very cute story and loved the ending! Loved the title too! Very well-written - you're very good! God bless :)
This was a fun read, and I'm glad for the silver lining.
Nice to hear about life on another continent, another culture. Thanks.
03/10/08
Love the ending! Super for this week's topic.

I'd have liked a bit more of the feel of the trip--sensory details about the train, the scenery, etc. It was described, but not really felt.

I'd love to take a journey like that some day.
03/10/08
What a cool story! I like it! And love your silver lining. What an exciting time.
Laury
I would love to have the opportunity to have to take a trip to get in my MC's head.. LOL! I enjoyed your story and it was fun to hear a story from a writer MC!
03/11/08
Love your title, and the story was very entertaining. Your last line cinched it for me, though. :)
I love the title of this piece. It makes me want to take a trip right now, though I wouldn't want to have the same outcome as you had. At least it all worked out in the end.

This story fits the topic perfectly, and it was superbly written. I really enjoy your stories. :)
I'm glad this trip ended on a positive note!
03/12/08
I love the sense of place that I felt with this. I also want more, more, more details--because I was fascinated with the train trip and because I don't know Australia. But 750 words only go so far. You left me hungry for more, but I'll settle for the tea and the breakfast! ;-)
03/12/08
This story began well and I felt like I was right there on the train. The last third felt more like telling than showing. Overall, an enjoyable read. I want to find out about the next trip!
Awww, that's a great ending. I'm glad that she didn't take out her frustrations on the crew and that her first 'research' opportunity was so fun. I felt as if I were going along on the trip too, great job with the -you-are-there-atmosphere. I liked it. ^_^
Excellent story. A suggestion would be to involve the reader's senses a bit more. You have the story telling down, just give is something to smell, feel, hear or see. Be encouraged and keep up the good work.
03/13/08
I loved the voice in this piece, it was delightful. I'd be grinning like a fool, too if I'd ever get to go on a research trip. LoL. Loved it!
03/16/08
Hi: Excellent story, Well writing and I enjoyed it very much. Keep writing look forward to reading another.