The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 735 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/29/08
This story proves that our lives are far more important than we may realize. Most of us will never be or do anything famous, but we are surrounded by people who are watching. Paul wrote "we are the Bible men read." This grandma is a shining example of the fact!

I enjoyed this story very much!
02/29/08
I loved this line in particular: “Because this is from God. Everything you ever need to know is in this book. The rest is just idle conversation.” Great memories.
02/29/08
This was a wonderful, touching story. You get the 2nd "Tears of the Day" award from me. It was so well written that I could visualize the chocolate's in the dresser, your head on her lap, the pockets of an old lady housedress. Very nice work.
Nice job. Thank you for sharing these personal memories. :)
03/02/08
Great story, I liked the praying part, I do that for my family, She sounds like an amazing grandmother. You have great memories and a wonderful example for yourself to follow. Thank and keep writing. I had tears too.
03/03/08
A beautiful story. You chose vivid details to illustrate the grandmother's love. Keep writing.
03/04/08
Ah, what a wonderful tribute to a beautiful grandmother. This is touching and loving and very inspiring. Your writing is clear and descriptive, too.
What a beautiful grandmother, and what a beautifully written story to remember her by. This really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing this. :)