The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1232 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/08
Very clever fun story!
Mockingbird 1, Ugfug 0
01/18/08
Ha, Ha, Funny!
I loved the line..."taunted the whatever-it-meant bird"
Great writing!
01/21/08
Cute fable. LOVE the title and the ending. Extremely well-written piece.
01/22/08
Marvelous storytelling. It even leads to a new saying: "You can't believe everything a bird in the hand tells you."
01/22/08
What an hilarious story! My only comment would be for Ugfug's thinking style to match his spoken ability (or lack there of..)
Well done.
LOL Well written and very funny. I love the title and your sense of humour.

01/22/08
This is exactly what I would expect a mockingbird to do in this situation. Funny story all the way through. Arrrrggggg!
01/22/08
How precious! Except for a few typos and punctuation, nothing to red ink! This is great writing!
01/22/08
This is hilarious, and awesomely written. I'm a little bit worried that it might be considered a "literal example" of the proverb, though. Love the pun in the title, and the name "Ugfug". Witty and charming!
What a hoot! Love the translation of Mate's Urrgg, and then hitting him with the club. Many smiles throughout. A great, new-fashioned fable.
This creative piece was a lot of fun.
I like how you were attentive to detail, and mentioned both the pouch of nuts and the rocks which would appear in the story later.
ROFL! This was hilarious, I had to laugh all the way through this, lots of fun, and of course, that wonderful phrase...AAAARRRGGHH!

***Congrats on your placing!***
02/02/08
WOW! This is a classic! On the surface very funny/clever, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. I look forward to lots more from you.
I love these guys and what a great title, so glad this one placed, maybe your new one will advance to as well.