The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 902 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/16/07
I like that you didn't just cast blame on "the church" (because there are many, many believers who do good in the world) - but turned the finger toward self. Then you pointed to God - who can cleanse us.
You make some great points. I like that if we want to see change in the church it has to start in us or in our family.

There are few grammatical things that you will want to watch for...like father-in-law should be hyphenated...as well as some of the punctuation.

All in all the story made me (the reader) think, so it was a success.
12/17/07
I love this piece, you show honesty and humility -well done.
12/17/07
I really like the paragraph that compared the church to the brother of the prodigal son. Never thought of it that way before!
12/18/07
Good analogy! I liked that you made it personal, letting the reader make his own application instead of preaching.
Good writing.
12/19/07
The heartfelt passion, authenticity and truth spilling out of this piece is wonderful. True wisdom comes from humility, and you have shown us a picture of that. Your analogy to the prodigal son is so insightful. Incredible job letting the Holy Spirit write through your hand.
12/19/07
Excellent questions especially in the middle - much to ponder. Enjoyed this, and it gave me much to learn.