The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 732 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/07
Evil forces that strong are not only draining, but scarey, too. Good portrayal of the situation, and a good reminder for us to pray for those living and working in such circumstances. Hugs!
11/13/07
Very good! Having been in remote villages in Africa where we were unwelcome, I can easily identify with Maggie in your story. There were a few problems with tense, but other than that, this story is well presented. Sounds very believable and makes me wonder if it might be true. Good work! :)
11/13/07
Is this a true story? You could feel the tension and evil presence. Try using more dialogue. It makes the characters come to life. I think there is a need for more missionary stories, to teach children that God still works today.
From a fellow Mainer
11/13/07
Yes, I liked hearing this from the opposite perspective. Evangelism doesn't always turn out the way we'd like to see it. Sometimes, we get to see results from it. Often times, we don't. You did a good job writing this story. It's a thinker!!!!!
11/14/07
I appreciate the fact that you didn't give us the pat "happy" ending. This was realistic, thought-provoking, and well-written.
Excellent portrayal of the physical dangers and emotional threats missionaries encounter. Good job concluding with the questioning and doubts which are dealt with when definitive results cannot be seen.
This rings true. You've shared how difficult it can be to spread the gospel. Very nicely done.