The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 608 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/07
What a sweet story. I like how the blueberry pancakes were in the girls dream as she remembered the happy past, and the smell was there when she woke up and her Dad had returned. Good job!
08/24/07
Amen! I wish there was more! That is how Jesus works- and we get to sit back, be befuddled by it, stew in our confusion, and in the end praise Him- I hope this is a true story
Peace!
08/24/07
Very nice story, good job on the transitions.

In the paragraph where you alternate between Dad's dialogue and the main character's thoughts, perhaps italics for the thoughts would help your reader to tell the difference between speakers.

This is good, and since you had more words, I'd like to see it expanded to futher explore the characters.
08/25/07
Okay, this is a good start. Need to work on some dialogue techniques and maybe add a little to the story. But, I liked it, I liked the title, I liked the way the blueberries fit into the story. Good job. Keep posting.
08/27/07
Loved the beginning and end - both were so visual. A bit more visual in the middle would have made this even stronger. A lovely story.
I wish I could have some of those pancakes! I think this is a fantastic piece, I hope you win!
08/29/07
I really like this concept - the blueberry pancakes as a memory trigger is great. Smell is so powerful!

There were times I was a little confused about whether or not she was in reality or having a memory - so a little more clarification in the transitions would be good.

Overall, a good job.