The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1013 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/23/07
I understand your difficulty--there are times when I don't fit into the expected Christian "box," too, and it's hard to know exactly the right way to take a stand.

A quick fix for your formatting problem--use the "preview" button before you hit the "submit" button, and you can see if anything snuck in there that you didn't intend, and fix it before you "submit."
I loved the positive ending to the litany of confusion we all feel at times.
Prayer can help us to not feel so vulnerable and afraid. The world doesn't mind telling me how they feel, and I don't mind telling them how I feel. Not so much pointing out their sin as pointing them to Jesus Christ. Justifying sin doesn't make it any less sin, but pointing it out to someone who is not listening is a waste of time. You have the makings of a wonderful devotional here. Add to it.
08/24/07
You wrote a good devotional and I enjoyed reading it! You wrote with honesty and truth about something that we all have to work on in our daily walk.
08/24/07
You have given voice to the wrestlings of many devoted Christians. In fact, my friend and I were just discussing this topic...persecution for the Words sake. Sometimes it seems the solitude of staring at a prison wall is prefable to preaching in your hometwon...the looks, quips, and unexpressed thoughts of our "so-called" friends and even worse, our loved ones. Just remember you are in good company.
Thanks for the story! Although, I think it better suits the present topic of "fearful". A word of advice...intimidation is a long standing tactic of the devil, but it's an illusion.