The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 850 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/08/07
This was really cute. I enjoyed it.

I think you mean "My husband worked so hard" instead of "My husband so worked hard," but other than that I didn't see anything.

Great job overall. I could picture everything well. Keep writing!
What a beautiful story of love. God's word tells us that love covers a multitude of sin. I believe that 's true. Good job.
03/10/07
This was a moving story that teaches us to take time. I couldn't help but notice that the anti-social child had mimicked your reaction. There's another lesson: children are ALWAYS watching us. I love how you were transparent with us. I could identify with you fully. Sometimes I just want to say, "Listen, my kids were so cute that, if you'd seen them, you wouldn't have even bothered trying to have any of your own. Cute's already been conquered." How I need to learn from this gracious old man! Thanks for this painless lesson!
03/12/07
Patience is one of the fruit(s)of the spirit. It took an old man's love for children and a message of love from him to remind you of it. Good writing and good dialogue.
03/15/07
I can relate to this harried woman's feelings, and I confess I am often impatient with my kids when they just want to have fun. This is nicely done.
03/20/07
Cheryl, a very good debut at FaithWriters. This made me smile (particularly about Count Grampula) and brought a tear to my eye. It was a lovely entry for the "shopping" topic.

I really hope you'll keep entering the Challenge and honing your skill. I can see potential, particularly as you write in this particular style of life experience.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator and Editor, FaithWriters' Magazine)