The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 859 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/15/06
Good personal statement and full of meaning. Find someone to proof your material and clear up the typos and you will have a much cleaner piece. Thanks for posting.
Great article and written well. Typos didn't faze me from the message. Personally, I always thought musicians and singers in church were the ones "out front" of the church and were acknowledged for their gifts and talents. I never knew they thought their talents were taken for granted. I'll have to go up and thank them this Sunday!
I agree that music in a worship service makes a huge difference. I put it right up there with the sermon. While words have their intrinsic limitations; the language of music offers great freedom of expression.

But to increase its effectiveness, try asking yourself this question about your article: "What is it really about?" Is it about how my fascination with music as a child grew into a career? About whether it is fair for music services to go uncompensated, monetarily? About how we as the body of Christ should verbalize our appreciation more to our musicians? (In your opening statement you voiced a concern for the church.) Or is it, as your conclusion indicated, about how musicians should look more to their future reward?

As writers we burgeon with ideas, but there has to be a main purpose, a main statement we are trying to make and it must be consistant throughout.

This is the best advice I ever received from a fellow writer - I pass it on to you.
Well, as an aspiring guitar player who has been blessed to play for the youth 1 time, I really liked your article. I have to admit, though, I was confused at the end, for just a moment, as I thought you were issuing forth a greivance. I was very happy to see it change to a praise, though. Well done.
12/16/06
Music is a big part of worship for me and I am always grateful to the worship team and the musicians. You express yourself well. Keep writing!
Wow! There is alot of emotion written into the words of your article.
First, I appreciate your intro as it gives us, your readers, a true picture of the passion you have for drumming and music, in general.
I guess, that most of us can feel overlooked or underestimated at times. Certainly, our personalities and areas of need play into the mix, also...
There is such a need for balance, isn't there? The Lord just reminded me of one dear lady who teaches at a local elementary school during the week and then, again, in Sunday School through the morning service time.
Hmmmm... your article is definitely food for thought. Thanks for writing and I love the phrase: "The best pat on the back is the one from Jesus!"
12/21/06
Due to the content, I overlooked or didn't notice any typos. I also was happy to see that this wasn't a complaint...but Gratitude for the unsung heroes of music. One minute of music can move me far more than 60 minutes of preaching! The Factual Truth! Nice entry. God Bless.