The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 775 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/08/06
12/08/06
Very touching story line.
You may need to take an English course on how to structure sentences. Read your writing along the way and try to pattern it in a way where people won't have trouble understanding what you trying to say. (Quote from your writing). My Pastor is Illsa S. Evans she is woman after God’s own heart. Well I had a chance to meet her at point in my life when I was down. I meet personally in 1998 sometime. I went her for advice on something I was dealing with in life. At that time when met her I was fourteen years old.)
I would have written it like this...My Pastor is Illsa S. Evans. (period) (then start a new sentence) She is woman after God’s own heart. I had a chance to meet her at a point in my life when I was down. I met her personally sometime in 1998 . I went to her for advice on something I was dealing with in life. At that time when I met her I was fourteen years old. This is just an example. Can you see the difference?
God bless you!! keep writing!
Good article and a reminder of the "Good" in people and how we need each other. Take your time while writing. Read and re-read it to yourself or tape record it so you can hear how we will be reading it. If your lacking in English, it will always sound okey. I suggest that you ask someone to listen and help correct your mistakes. Thanks and continue on in your learning and writing.
This was pretty good. A few spaces would make it easier to read, but it was good overall. :)
12/14/06
Please send me an Email to [email protected]

I would like to help you on the restructuring of this piece. Perhaps in doing so it could show you things to look for in the future.

Breaking down the paragraph, watching for verb shifts, even repetitive word use, even expanding the thought lines for better reading.
12/14/06
Very nice. I can tell you write from your heart. Your writing is honest and true. You just need to develope a few more story writing skills to involve your reader more. And that's what this is about; learning, so we can deliver God's message as effectively as possible. As I have mentioned in other comments to get the reader to care about the message of your story, we need to care about your characters. Dialogue helps alot. And giving the reader a little visual of the character adds depth to the story. You have a good writing "voice", you just need to work on a few other things to make your story more readable. You did great here and I believe I wil be reading even better things from you in the future. God bless.
12/14/06
Thanks for sharing your heart-felt emotions about your pastor. You should take up the offer of the previous reviewers to help you in your writing. Please don't give up.