The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1174 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/05
Wow! Have I walked in your shoes! So much pain. But only another parent in pain can be the friend that is needed. Your friend was available, but it took the Lord to demostrate the message you truly needed. He is the only friend you really knows how to speak to our heart in a special unique way. Thanks for sharing.
WONDERFUL work!!! And boy have I been in your shoes...see it coming with my grandsons. God bless you for sharing.
Hey everybody, Thanks for the feedback. Just so you know this is a work of fiction. I'm a single gal, never married, never had children but I wanted to try and put myself in a parent's shoes.
Very well written. An excellent message. Children in a story always tug at your heart. Great work!
Loved the tenderness in the child as he comforts the broken-hearted mother. Reminds me of the verse... A little child shall lead them! I just loved the way you had us feel the pain of the mother and then how you so "creatively" applied the "BALM OF GILEAD" with the strawberry milkshake. I'll never look at teddy bears the same again! Bravo!
04/19/05
Hi there Madonna. I probably won't get to do this every week, but I'll try to do it as often as I can. I really just wanted to let you know that "Strawberry is Best for Heacaches" made it into the semi-finalist list for the Friendship Challenge. Be encouraged - you were right up there with the winners. With love, Deb (Challenge Co-ordinator)
Madonna, I love the unhinged door comparison. The whole story is wonderful! Blessings to you. Linda O.