The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1154 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/07/06
I'm sorry you haven't had any comments on this. It is a good piece, with a strong refrain running through. It reads true to life (not that I've ever been in an armed robbery, but it feels authentic), and I enjoyed reading it. Well done.
08/07/06
This felt very realistic and compelling - and I love your repetition of the "refrain" - very effective!! My heart was definitely pounding!
08/08/06
Whoa! My pulse is racing, too! Well-written. Exciting. Took me a minute to realize she was a banker, but I like stories that unravel like that. Keeps you moving. Nice take on the topic.
Great job of suspense, dialogue & inner thoughts...This piece seems above a beginner's level...Keep writing!
08/08/06
Great writing! Super in all respects--exciting, tight writing, suspenseful.
Great piece! Pace, dialogue - it's all really well written and finished off so well. I hope this places for you.
08/08/06
Nicely done! I'm impressed, especially because you're in the Beginner level. Good work! It reminds me of the story my Grandma has told over the years. She was a bank teller with an experience very similar to this one. Shudder! You described pretty much what she felt. Very realistic piece.
08/10/06
A writer after my own heart. I loved the story, the drama, the tension, the struggle between fear, doubt and faith. The pure honesty of prayer in a time like that. You have a gift for story telling, for creatively presenting what God gave you to share. I pray God continues to anoint you in this ministry. You have done well, whether you place or not, but I have a feeling you might, but if not, be encouraged you are on your way. You have much talent!! God Bless.