The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 621 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/18/19
Wow. Now days, it's a quick repair with a laser, yet can buckle and fail like it did for my mom. Great story!
07/19/19
Oh how far medicine has come over the last few years! I love how, even though dealing with blindness, the mother rested in God's grace. I'm wondering if this would be better written from her point of view - but then it might have been hard to tie in the "in law" topic. Well done.
This is a lovely piece. What strong faith she had. You told her story well.
07/21/19
I love stories about strong faith, and giving God all the glory no matter what. This story demonstrated her strong faith, and her hope in the Lord for all things here and most especially in Eternity.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Blessings
The last paragraph had me in tears--such a beautiful faith. God blessed you with a wonderful gift of a mother-in-law and a gift to tell her story so well.
07/22/19
This mother's attitude at the end is amazing. It's one that I hope I will be remembered by when my children (and eventual grandchildren) talk about me.
07/25/19
Your love for your mother-in-law shows through in your writing. Her faith demonstrated in the last paragraph is truly inspiriting.