The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 508 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/19
I like the flow of this poem, and its message. But why all caps? That was very distracting to me. I can tell you worked hard on this piece.
04/27/19
Wonderful and loving praise to our Lord above.

Lovely!

Blessings~
04/29/19
Wow! This is truly beautiful. The rhythm, the rhyme, the message all flow so smoothly together.
This is really lovely. I'm not super musical but I could hear this in my head. I'll admit the all caps was distracting to me (I usually think of someone screaming or shouting when I see all caps and this song, in my head at least felt more passionate, more of a plea than a shout.) But formatting is really insignificant. What matters is the beautiful message that touched my heart.
I struggled all week trying to find something to write about using this topic and finally last that Thursday morning before it was due, I was humming that old hymn from my childhood and thought maybe I could use that as a format. I had exactly one hour til the Challenge would close. I rushed like crazy and because I don't see well, I always do my rough drafts in caps so I can see the errors quicker. I finally finished at just 4 minutes before 11 a.m. that Thursday and quickly submitted it, not realizing until later that I'd forgotten to put the poem back into small font. I also overlooked one misspelled word. I'm sure it was distracting to read this in caps and I'm sorry I didn't give myself enough time to proofread better. Consider it a lesson well-learned by me.
05/02/19
Nice rhythm and rhyme in this poem and a meaningful message. And the fact that you wrote it so quickly is really impressive. It takes me a long time to finish a poem. Well done.
Congratulations on ranking 11th overall. Happy Dance!