The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2814 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/20/15
Veerrrry clever! And heaps of fun. I love how you have woven this 'tail' around such a familiar poem - and how you have so 'harperlee' borrowed from another classic with the name of Mortimer's solicitor.
Great job!
11/25/15
Very funny and very clever. I loved it.
11/26/15
Definitely deserving of first place... creative, humorous, and entertaining. Congratulations!
11/26/15
A very entertaining mousy tale and well deserving of top spot. Congratulations!
11/26/15
So mice to see your creativity recog-miced. Well done. (there's mortimer review than meets the eye, but it will have to wait.)
11/26/15
Congrats!
God bless~
11/27/15
Donna, Congratulations on your EC award.

Your story was clever and fun to read. One of the first things I thought of when the topic was introduced was the line: Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. However, I never would have thought of writing the story from the mouse's perspective.

I would like to thank you for being such an encouragement to the other writers in FW.


11/27/15
Donna, Congratulations on your 1st place in EC. Certainly a great take on this week's topic. Enjoyable to read.
Ah the gems I miss when I don't get to the challenge some weeks. Congratulations, Donna, on your quarterly award!
01/14/16
So glad to see that this piece was chosen for the quarter. I added it to my favorites the first time I read it.
Oh how FUN! What unique POV and enjoyable diatribe. Congratulations on your BoB 3rd place! A well-deserved accomplishment.
Congratulations, Donna, on your 3rd Place Best of the Best award! It was fun to revisit this delightful tale.
07/06/16
Congratulations, Donna, on your 3rd place win in the Best of the Year category. It was among my favorites for the year, also.
08/13/16
This was hilarious! What a fantastic letter of complaint. Well done - very clever doing this from the viewpoint of the mouse.
To be honest, it took a moment for me to get into it at first, but as soon as you started mentioning the affect of the poem on the life of the mouse, I was drawn right in. Very creatively done. Congratulations!