The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 782 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/14
I enjoyed your coming of age story - thanks for sharing. Dad must have been watching his lone paddler cross the lake in the rowboat and knew what she was about to do...
12/03/14
I could almost see your brother's actions toward you. (made me smile). Your love for your Dad shines through your writing. I enjoyed this glimpse into your life.
Ahh this is so beautiful and so real. You really took me right into the lake with you. I thought for sure brother would be the one saving you somehow, but love that it was Dad. He'll live on in your heart and in this story. Beautiful job.
01/02/15
I loved this story, it was like watching it happen reading your account. I could envision the mind of a young girl trying to prove her independence, not once entertaining the dangers. But I also loved the message God gave you through this incident and the message your story gives to us all of depending on our loving Father. You didn’t know your earthly father was watching your actions but he was there to rescue you from your own immaturity, just like our Heavenly Father watches and rescues us from our spiritual immaturity if we allow Him to. But how much better the experience if we had sought and depended on our loving Father before we acted! I really enjoyed this read! Great job in telling and great message!