The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 983 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/14
Oh my gosh, this was so sad it was almost difficult to read.

Excellent writing, I saw the entire scene in my mind's eye.

God bless~
04/27/14
Such a great read. I hung on every word and felt the pain she was going through so viscerally.

This was so realistically written. I just can't say enough about how good it is.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
04/28/14
You clearly showed the gripping reality that people face while sitting at the bedside of "brain dead" loved ones. I felt your MC's pain as she struggled with her decision, and smiled when she received the peace she needed.
As always, your descriptions drew me in. You tackled a difficult subject and put an interesting twist on the topic. Blessings.
04/29/14
That's it. I have got to complete a Living Will/advanced directive. But this beautiful story did more than remind me about that. You did a masterful job of describing the painful thought process and prayers of the Main Character as a woman of faith. I liked the ending also. Thank you for this blessing today.
04/29/14
So sad and beautifully written, hard to read but powerful message/story here!
04/30/14
I see people deal with this decision every day... it never gets easy... but those with faith have so much more peace than those who do not have the hope and assurance of knowing they will see their loved ones again.
05/01/14
Congrats Sarah!
Magnificent writing.

God bless~
05/01/14
Congratulations on your EC placement, Sara. This is a wonderful story and deserves recognition. I'm very happy it did so well.
05/01/14
Congratulations on your well deserved win with this heartfelt entry.
05/02/14
This made my heartache. Especially the part about his hands getting soft. A very touching detail. Your MC could be any of us and your ending left hanging was a perfect way to finish. Beautiful!