The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1235 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/18/14
As someone who's been in counseling more than my fair share, I can say you nailed the annoyance and frustration that come during sessions. Well done. Your characters were real, your dialog was authentic, and it was overall a really great read.

My only red ink comments:

In this sentence you want to use 'steel"

'The tiniest hint of regret knocks on my heart’s steal door"

And I'm not sure if this part near the end, after she spits on the floor, is meant to be dialog or not: Sharon! She’s nothing! I may use coke once in a while but she’s a no good crack head. I may steal to make ends meet but she sells herself. Lowlife!
02/18/14
Wow - I saw this going through my head like a movie, facial expressions voice mimics and all.

Great writing.

God bless~
I'm in the intermediate level and have been reading those stories, but I can see I should be reading the Masters.

This is an excellent story and very well done. It is a rewrite of the unforgiving servant parable Jesus told.

"swallowing regret in an instance." I think should be "in an instant."

Great work.

Blessings,
Dusty
02/19/14
Oh, this is Good! I could feel the anger of the girl in this story. I devoured every line and hated when the story ended. This could be a very good book, one I would not want to put down. Bravo!
02/19/14
What a great modern re-telling of the parable of the unforgiving servant.
Your self righteous criminal MC is not unlike so many folks who compare themselves with someone they consider worse than them in order to feel worthy of mercy.