The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 929 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/08/13
I was fully engaged in this story. I tutor many students who have this kind of "I'll never amount to anything" attitude fostered by parents and teachers.

Thankfully, God judges us not by the world's standards but with grace and love.
I enjoyed this piece and it fits the topic too.
11/11/13
Well done. This held my attention while bringing forward an important message.

God Bless~
11/11/13
The opening description was excellent. I especially liked your choice of words in describing how Lizzy sat down in the chair. I could picture it in my mind. I love the message of this little piece, too.

On the "red ink" side, I got a little lost when you moved from Lizzy picking up the mail to the dialogue/interview. I wasn't sure if it was really happening or if it was something she had imagined. Maybe the word count kept you from sneaking in a sentence to help your reader along in that regard . . .
11/11/13
Oh, this is great. I loved it. I especially loved the last line. Nice job.
Exquisite and original. Love it!
11/13/13
Great message! Very enjoyable story.
11/14/13
Congratulations!

God bless~
Oh I love this. You do such a great job of bringing your characters to life! Congratulations! Happy Dance!
11/17/13
I really enjoyed your realistic look into this joyous MC's memories. Very thoughtful and enjoyable. Congratulations on your EC placing.
11/21/13
Ah, I just love Lizzi. What a sweetheart. Congratulations on your placement! God bless!