The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 966 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/03/12
Beautiful job with the topic at hand. Especially loved the "Salt of the earth" perfect for the subject. Thank you. GOd bless~
08/05/12
I absolutely agree; there is nothing better than homemade soup in Winter - except when, as I did the other day, it burns to the bottom of the pot. Ohhh, the disappointment.

Anyway, I truly loved this devotional. You started with a great title that made me want to read, and your descriptions were strong; I now want to to and make some (unburnt!) soup!

The scripture verse is perfect for this topic and you brought it in smoothly and beautifully. Well done on a great devotion.
08/06/12
Well-written devotional that fits nicely with the topic. You made me hungry for the soup and chili, and you also made me hungry to be a savory Christian in this world where so many are starving for Truth.
08/09/12
I like the description of your mother's vegetable soup and homemade chili that made your mouth water just thinking about it. I also like the analogy you made to Christians and how they must savor the Saviour and taste and see that the Lord is good. The use of scripture here gave the reader the idea of delight in eating as we get delight in knowing our Lord.